Wednesday, November 28, 2012

The Lost Art of Disciple Making - Book Review

 I just read The Lost Art of Disciple Making and I must confess I was impressed by the book!  I am growing in my knowledge of disciple making, a concept that was ambiguous at best in the church where I grew up, and this book is a valuable resource.  If you're serious about discipling people to help them to maturity in Christ I highly recommend this book.  

The author, LeRoy Eims, starts by explaining discipleship and it's value.  Then he get to practical application of how to disciple.  From there he then teaches how to train up discipling leaders.  

I believe this is the second most neglected aspect in the 21st century church today, the first being the lost priority of worship (when I say worship, I'm not referring exclusively to music).  Often evangelical churches excel in preaching, teaching and some level of community.  However, they miss deep relational & accountability of discipleship.  Those elements are how Jesus discipled.  Should we be any different?  I hope that has intrigued you enough to pick up the book and read it.

Overall I give this book 4.5 out of 5.

Click here to view it on Amazon.